Thursday, May 2, 2013


I think this was around the time I started to become an impatient home builder. While I recognize everything takes time, it just seems that every missed phone call added a week, every drawing change added more time. Throw in vacations and scheduling conflicts and it just seemed that months were dragging on and any thoughts of beginning construction in May were right out the door. Our proposed start date just evaporated and without any new start date even on the horizon, frustration was setting in. Of course we were still paying the monthly mortgage payments on a house that was empty and waiting for work to begin. I started calling it the world’s most expensive storage unit,

I’ve found that when doing any sort of building work, time is not your friend, nor your enemy. It’s certainly a tester of your patience though.

No comments:

Post a Comment