Sunday, December 22, 2013

The Christmas Lull


In 2011 We started with this

Thought we were Going to Do This

Had this happen in between

Now we have this in Lull Land

Christmas Cookies

My better half made some Christmas cookies with plans to bring them into work and give them to friends. I had other plans for them.

Shortly after making them she asked “Who has been eating the Christmas cookies?” What? We’re not supposed to eat them? Crap. 

Now truly, my contribution when invited to help making them was putting boobs on one of the snowmen (women?) after which I was told that my help was no longer needed. I thought it would be funny. The funny part was she wasn’t amused. Much.

So with there only being two of us I did what I had to about the missing cookies. I said, “You know, someone has been drinking my beer too. I wonder if the same person that ate the cookies is the same one that’s drinking my beer?” I pretty sure she didn’t buy that…

Back to the house.

Twas a few nights before Christmas and all of the contractors have headed for the hills. The house work has come to a complete stop. 

It wouldn’t be so bad if it hadn’t come to a complete stop a few weeks ago. Much of it is due to scheduling conflicts. Some of it due to the Holidays. We had a good meeting yesterday with the builder to go over a few items that we had concerns about including the apparent stop work that was only missing the picket signs. They have a sub that needs to wrap up a few things outside in order for the house to move forward. Fortunately, our Project Manager, Joe, is on top of this and we have a commitment to ramp back up next week at the start of the New Year. In the meantime I’m going to have to drink a lot of Christmas Cheer to feel better about this lull.

This will make our third Christmas owning the property, paying mortgages and trying to make something out of it. It’s been frustrating but we know 2014 will be “The” year.

In celebration of our two year anniversary of owning the property, I invite you to read one of my older blogs. It will make you laugh and like a Christmas Carol, it is the Ghost of Christmases to come.

Enjoy your weekend


4 comments:

  1. It's such a pretty house and it will be a joy to be in it for Christmases to come. Surely there is some message you can draw from carpenters and Christmas that will make you feel better about waiting a few more weeks. In your heart of hearts you knew you wouldn't be in this year, didn't you?

    If the power is on you might want to go put up a little tree somewhere that will show thru the windows? And, then maybe spend a bit of time there on Christmas Day - just dreaming.

    Hope it will be a wonderful time for you with friends and family ... and great promises for the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope you and your family have a great Christmas and fantastic New Year!

      Delete
  2. I got a chuckle out of the snowwoman with boobs, or snowman with man boobs, but maybe we're just immature.

    Anyway, same here. Not much going on. I primed the walls myself just to see something happen. I don't expect nothing much will happen for the next few weeks but I'm going to pick out my countertops so that will hold me over.

    Hope you have a merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha. Ya, I thought I was being funny. I would have kept it up too if she hadn't of taken the rest of the cookies away from me.

      Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours! I hope 2014 brings you a completed kitchen!

      Delete